Infection Preventionist (RN)Apply Now
Make a difference every single day!
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital and its staff aim to exceed the expectations of our patients, their families and the community with a service-oriented attitude. We seek excellence, courtesy, teamwork, respect, communication and enthusiasm in our future colleagues. If you are looking for exciting career opportunities with growth potential, come and join the team at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital!
The Infection Preventionist (RN) contributes to the provision of high-quality patient care by promoting and implementing infection prevention and control practices and compliance with regulatory agency requirements. Defines and provides collaborative actions, evaluates occupational health exposures/issues and assists with the determination of proper care and planning related to infection prevention and control; participates in the identification, prevention and control of infections by data collection, surveillance and analysis, development of verbal and written reports, educational programs for personnel and patients as needed. Serves as a liaison across department(s) and/or service line(s) and reports communicable diseases as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs chart review and consistent application of the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) National Health & Safety Network (NHSN) definitions to identify and report healthcare associated infections. Reports communicable diseases and supporting laboratory data to the local, state and national health departments as required.
- Monitors data and notifies department leadership of gaps in processes or trends that require intervention. Assists with planning, development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and revision of Infection Prevention and Control Program goals, standards, policies and procedures.
- Monitors and advises staff of isolation precautions and infection control practices in patient care areas. Participates in epidemiological investigations of significant clusters of infection above established standards and of unusual isolates as directed by the Infection and Control leadership.
- Develops Infection Prevention and Control Education Programs. Conducts infection control and prevention education to healthcare workers in coordination with unit/department leadership and follows up as needed. Provides in-service education for the staff, general orientation, annual review, and as needed. Maintains confidentiality of patient information and sensitive data.
- Participates in chart review, data collection, and observations for department focused studies, research, and test of change initiatives. Participates in the development and review of Infection Prevention and Control Standards of Care, Policy and Procedures for assigned areas.
- Conducts rounding on unit/departments to perform direct observations of infection prevention measures & compliance among healthcare workers and physicians. Facilitates meeting applicable regulatory requirements through monitoring and reporting infection trends in the acute, ambulatory and other care settings.
- Maintains on-going communications and cooperative relationships with medical center committees and external agencies.
Master's of Science in Nursing (Education) Or Master's of Public Health (MPH), Preferred.
Minimum of Associate's in Nursing.
Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience in an acute setting.
Two (2) years of nursing experience in education, Preferred.
Marina Del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.Apply NowApply Later