Assistant Nurse Manager - Surgical ServicesApply Now
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital and its staff aim to exceed the expectations of our patients, their families and the community with a service-oriented attitude. We seek excellence, courtesy, teamwork, respect, communication and enthusiasm in our future colleagues. If you are looking for exciting career opportunities with growth potential, come and join the team at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital!
The Assistant Nurse Manager/Nurse Educator for Surgical Services coordinates and implements the educational activities for the department in conjunction with the leadership team.
This ANM role is shared between education oversight and administrative supervisory duties under direction of the Associate Director of Perioperative Services.
The ANM/Educator provides education direction to Registered Nurses, Surgical Technicians, Patient Care Technicians, Attendants, and other non-licensed nursing personnel in providing direct patient care. The role ensures RNs and nursing staff in assigned area perform within their scope of responsibility and duties, and ensures accountability at the facility, department, and position levels, including knowledge of required clinical/technical skills consistent with the Nurse Practice Act, Title 22, Joint Commission and other regulatory requirements.
The Assistant Nurse Manager role assists with all administrative processes applicable to the operating room (O.R.) and assigned department, including human resources, budgeting, staffing, quality improvement and educational development programs. The educational aspect of the role is responsible for implementing educational programs for all staff in the operative area.
- Current California Registered Nurse Licensure (required).
- Current BLS Certification (required)
- Current ACLS Certification (preferred)
- Specialty certification in education or operative nursing care (preferred).
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (required)
- High level of proficiency in adult learning concepts (required)
- Basic computer knowledge (required)
- Minimum one (1) year work experience as a Nurse Educator (required).
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a leadership role (charge nurse, manager) (required).
Marina Del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.Apply NowApply Later