Catering and Merchandising CoordinatorApply Now
Make a difference every single day!
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital and its staff aim to exceed the expectations of our patients, their families and the community with a service-oriented attitude. We seek excellence, courtesy, teamwork, respect, communication and enthusiasm in our future colleagues. If you are looking for exciting career opportunities with growth potential, come and join the team at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital!
The Catering and Merchandising Coordinator will plan and oversee the service requirements of various catered hospital events and retail. The job involves menu planning, training staff and maintaining inventory. The catering coordinator may also support the department & culinary team.
The Catering and Merchandising Coordinator will also be responsble for the following:
- Successfully manages the hospital wide calendar on EMS scheduling software and catering requests.
- Responds to all calls and emails in a timely manner. Confirms all catering and/or cancellations at least 24 hours prior to the event.
- Responsible for posting the catering schedule in advance for staff to view and prepare.
- Demonstrates dynamic, creative vision to execute culinary menus to meet the needs of various events and themes.
- Works with the supervisor to determine adequate portions to meet needs of the catering and cafe menus. Submits orders to the supervisor or vendors.
- Maintains inventory and organization of all catering and cafe supplies. Ensures proper supplies are on hand for upcoming functions.
- Ensures catering is properly executed, delivered at specified times, and set up to proper event specifications. Coordinates any rental equipment or additional set up.
- Understands kitchen operations and is committed to customer service.
- Supervision of personnel involved in the catering event and cafe. Assign personnel to cover specific food stations.
- Trains food service personnel as needed for catering. Ensures timely cleanup of all events.
- Responds quickly to any last-minute needs or problem solving, works well in a fast pace environment.
- Maintains all workstations in a clean, organized manner. Monitors temperature requirements and safe food handling practices always.
- Responsible for monitoring infection control practices at all times of all personnel involved in catering.
- Responsible for maintaining POS software system.
- Culinary Arts Degree or equivalent (required).
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing (required).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of culinary experience (required)
- ServSafe Manager Certification (required).
Marina Del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.Apply NowApply Later