Clinical Lab Scientist II - Per Diem - Night ShiftsApply Now
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital and its staff aim to exceed the expectations of our patients, their families and the community with a service-oriented attitude. We seek excellence, courtesy, teamwork, respect, communication and enthusiasm in our future colleagues. If you are looking for exciting career opportunities with growth potential, come and join the team at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital!
Make a difference every single day!
The CLS II performs waived, moderately and highly complex laboratory tests as defined by CLIA in one or more sections of the clinical laboratory on patients of all age groups.
- Performs laboratory procedures correctly, timely, independently and accurately, following established policies and procedures to achieve 100% compliance with Quality Control protocol for running controls and accepting results.
- Performs instruments maintenance, maintains supply inventory, trains new employees as needed, resolves problems and complaints, and communicates effectively with physicians, co-workers and laboratory management.
- Participates in the introduction and implementation of new procedures and in the evaluation of new instruments.
- Current CLS licensure in the State of California (required).
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant clinical experience (required).
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing (required).
- Basic computer knowledge (required).
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditiosn of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later