Clinical Technical EducatorApply Now
Make a difference every single day !
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of compassion, teamwork, integrity and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai Marina Del Rey Hospital. Working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals you'll have everything you will need to do something incredible-for yourself, and for others. Join us, and support our community with the highest quality healthcare!
The Clinical Technical Educator takes a leadership role in the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of education programs/projects involving enterprise information services for patients and staff at CS MDRH. This role will provide nursing clinical expertise to assist frontline staff to learn EIS workflows. This role will support primarily clinical staff engaging with EIS platforms, including support for CSLink. This individual is responsible for providing education and assuring staff competency in the provision of technology in the hospital, including ensuring competency of staff in CSLink. This individual will be able to perform learning needs assessment for frontline staff education, particularly in clinical areas and with providers, partnering with EIS to develop appropriate teaching plans. This individual helps team projects: assists in translating customer needs, meeting deliverables including policy and practice implications, change management and communication, status reporting, and managing customer relationships and expectations. This individual is the education lead for any new CS Link initiatives onsite. Available on call as needed to support key education and EIS initiatives.
This job is responsible for ensuring that staff maintain competency skills in areas of responsibility. This role is responsible for creating competency documents and trainings for nurses and other clinicians upon hire and annually. This individual must have the ability to interact with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and act as a conduit between CS MDRH staff and EIS staff including those at CSMC.
The scope of responsibility, duties and accountability at the facility, department and position levels, including knowledge and practice of the clinical/technical skills necessary to the position consistent with the Nurse Practice Act. Nursing job duties are to meet the Nurse Practice Act (state law that protects patients by promoting safe, competent nursing practices), Title 22 (Health and Safety codes), The Joint Commission (develops performance standards and accredits programs for hospitals and other healthcare-related organizations) and the Plan for Provision of Nursing Care and the Plan for Provision of Care to Patients, and other regulatory requirements.
This position reports to the Director of Education.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing or Master of Science in Informatics preferred
- Valid California Registered Nurse License
- BLS required
- Minimum of 3 years experience teaching while communicating effectively in English (written and verbal communication) with persons of various cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in data management. Excellent organizational skills; effectively coordinate all aspects of education course design and implementation.
- Working knowledge of The Joint Commission and other state and local regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. And has full command (verbal and written) of the English language.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the use of health care technology within specialty area. Fluency in EPIC documentation.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
- Demonstrated success working independently, forging relationships, and managing multiple tasks with minimal directions.
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information for decision support.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows and other Microsoft Office software: MS Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint Word, etc. Proficiency with EPIC system.
- Must be able to manage competing priorities, while being extremely adaptable and flexible and maintaining a positive work environment.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditiosn of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later