Discharge Planner - Case Management- FulltimeApply Now
Make a difference every single day!
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital and its staff aim to exceed the expectations of our patients, their families and the community with a service-oriented attitude. We seek excellence, courtesy, teamwork, respect, communication and enthusiasm in our future colleagues. If you are looking for exciting career opportunities with growth potential, come and join the team at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital!
The discharge planner, under the direction of the RN Case Manager and order of the physician, collaborates with the patient/family and members of the health care team to ensure a safe and effective transition through the continuum of care: arrangement of post-acute care needs to include DME, home health, SNF or LTAC placement. Interacts with payer sources to obtain authorization.
Shift hours: 12:00-20:00
- BSW, BA, BS or LVN - (Participation in an accredited program will be considered), required.
- 3 years of Discharge Planner experience with 5 years in an acute hospital experience, preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills to include EHR and Microsoft office
Marina Del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.Apply NowApply Later