Education Program Coordinator Nursing (RN)Apply Now
Make a difference every single day!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of compassion, teamwork, integrity and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai Marina Del Rey Hospital. Working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals you'll have everything you will need to do something incredible-for yourself, and for others. Join us and support our community with the highest quality healthcare!
The Education Program Coordinator takes a leadership role in the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of education programs/projects for patients, staff and the community. The scope includes the entire health care continuum in conjunction with the Education Department team and Clinical leadership.
This job is responsible for ensuring that staff maintains competency skills in areas of responsibility including the ability to interact with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and identify the ability of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patient to follow direction/instructions and give consent.
This role is also responsible for providing education and assuring staff competency in provision of age related culturally competent patient care across the health care system. Identifies safety concerns and institute measures to provide a safe environment; and provide appropriate assessment, intervention and evaluation support to assist staff in the care of patients. Consideration of development milestones in the adolescent, adult and geriatric population is a focus in this position.
- Utilizes a systematic approach to assess educational needs in collaboration with all levels of nursing and medical staff and evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of educational programs.
- Independently coordinates programs, projects and events with Nursing, CS MDRH departments and community throughout the Cedars-Sinai Health System.
- Facilitates orientation and training for Nursing and Health System staff under the guidance of the Education Director.
- Onboarding: supports on unit training to new hires in collaboration with the clinical leadership.
- Collaborates throughout the Cedars-Sinai Health System (CSHS) in initiating and implementing educational programs/projects.
- Markets educational programs to the health system and the external community.
- Designs educational programs based on inter and intradepartmental research and clinical research findings.
- Actively participates appropriate committees and shared governance initiatives.
- Works in conjunction with Education Director and Education Department team to implement educational offerings throughout the hospital
- Can assist with hospital wide roll out of new equipment and products as assigned.
- Facilitates review of current policies and procedures for assigned areas and ensures updates are in line with current literature and best practice.
Hours: 0700 to 1600
- Minimum of an Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing.
- Master’s of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Valid CA Registered Nurse License.
- BLS and ACLS certifications required.
- PALS and ANCC Specialty Certification within 1 year of hire.
- Minimum of 3 years experience required. Experience teaching while communicating effectively in English (written and verbal communication) with persons of various cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Experienced in data management. Excellent organizational skills; effectively coordinate all aspects of education course design and implementation.
- Working knowledge of The Joint Commission and other state and local regulatory requirements.
- Excellent time management, analytical, and technical skills.
- Full command (verbal and written) of the English language.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows and other Microsoft Office software: MS Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint Word, etc.
- Must be able to manage competing priorities, while being extremely adaptable and flexible and maintaining a positive work environment.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditiosn of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later