Food/Nutrition Services SupervisorApply Now
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital and its staff aim to exceed the expectations of our patients, their families and the community with a service-oriented attitude. We seek excellence, courtesy, teamwork, respect, communication and enthusiasm in our future colleagues. If you are looking for exciting career opportunities with growth potential, come and join the team at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital!
Make a difference every single day!
The Nutrition Services Supervisor handles day to day operations for the kitchen and staff. Oversees production, tray line, food safety & sanitation. Responsible for maintaining the environment of care & meeting all regulatory requirements. Collaborates with the dietitians for menu oversight. Meet all KPI for Association of Healthcare Foodservice.
The Nutrition Services Supervisor will also be responsible for the following:
- Maintains oversight of Computrition (HS, BSC, SP POS) for data accuracy and pricing. Oversees MedVantage labeling program and other technology needed for daily operations.
- Supervises nutrition services staff and quality of work, monitors HACCP, flow of food, and supports day to day operations.
- Supervises dish room procedures ensuring that proper techniques are utilized for safety & sanitation and that established procedures and standards being followed.
- Maintains quality control measures to ensure temperature, attractiveness and palatability of food. Ensures cleaning & sanitation requirements are maintained in all workstations and areas throughout the department.
- Handles all cash handling procedures, change orders, documentation, computer transactions and audits. Can support downtime procedures as needed.
- Inventories patient care units’ floorstock and audits cleaning, logs, and supplies of each unit on a regular basis to ensure supplies are adequate.
- Supervises the ordering of supplies for the department. Meets with vendors as needed for quality assurance checks. Ensures par levels are appropriate and storage guidelines are followed.
- Provides department orientation, onboarding, training, and inservices for employees.
- Performs any or all of the duties in the kitchen, tray line, cafeteria and dish rooms as required by staffing problems.
- Inspects all work areas to ensure cleanliness and condition, including nursing unit refrigerators, nurse lounge and doctor’s lounge and retail areas.
- Other projects identified by Director
- Flexible work hours: 5:00am - 9:00pm including some weekends
- Manager Level Food Handler’s Card. Culinary Degree or Certificate.
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) required or in progress with completion within 90 days of hire.
- Bachelors Degree in related field preferred.
- 4-6 years of healthcare foodservice management experience preferred.
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Familiar with Point Of Sale/Nutrition analytics software.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditiosn of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later