Lead Clinical Lab Scientist, ComplianceApply Now
At Cedars-Sinai Marina Del Rey Hospital we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other.
Make a difference every single day!
The Lead Clinical Lab Scientist, Compliance performs waived, moderately, and highly complex laboratory tests as defined by CLIA in one or more sections of the clinical laboratory on patients of all age groups. Provides leadership in the daily operations of the section assigned. Provide coverage for absences. In this capacity, the Lead is responsible for maintaining daily staffing and scheduling in the absence of the manager of the lab director; coaching; orientation of new staff; troubleshooting and problem-solving customer complaints; staff development; and assistance in monitoring and evaluating performance of staff by providing input to the manager and participating in communication of evaluations. Under the direction of the Laboratory Medical Director, by virtue of the State of California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license, responsibilities satisfy the requirements to serve as a technical specialist under CLIA regulations.
In addtion, the Lead Clinical Lab Scientist, Compliance will also be responsible for:
- Performs and verifies laboratory procedures in two or more sections of the Clinical Laboratory or as a specialist in clinical chemistry correctly and accurately, following established policies and procedures. Molecular Chem, Hem, BB all shift
- Covers sick calls for the night shift.
- Oversees Molecular/ Micro sections and a assists the lead for Hematology and Coagulation.
- Directs and coordinates functions and activities in the section assigned.
- Orients and trains new employees.
- Responsible for the annual competencies of the assigned section.
- Reviews Outstanding Specimen Report during her/his shift and ensures that those outstanding tests are completed.
- Ensures the delivery of quality results which meets the standards of practice.
- Comply with regulatory requirements, responsible for inspection preparedness for assigned section.
- Documents corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s acceptable guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Shift: 17:30 - 02:00
- Current CLS licensure in the State of California (required).
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant clinical experience (required).
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing (required).
- Basic computer knowledge (required).
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditiosn of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later