Mental Health Worker/CNA, Full Time, 7AM-7PM Days ($2,500 Sign-on Bonus)Apply Now
Make a difference every single day!
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital and its staff aim to exceed the expectations of our patients, their families and the community with a service-oriented attitude. We seek excellence, courtesy, teamwork, respect, communication and enthusiasm in our future colleagues. If you are looking for exciting career opportunities with growth potential, come and join the team at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital!
- $2,500 Sign-on Bonus for External New Hires
- $2,500 Employee Referral Program bonus eligible
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision of a licensed care giver, the Mental Health Worker (MHW) delivers patient care and performs basic procedures for an assigned group of patients. The MHW assists patients with activities such as eating, walking, and personal hygiene, records and reports vital signs and dispenses/retrieves patient care supplies.
- Maintains competency skills including the ability to provide care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Identifies the ability of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patient to follow directions/instructions
- Identifies safety concerns in the age-related population and institutes additional measures to provide a safe environment
- Identifies developmental milestones in the age-related population
Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Successful completion of Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) program
- Current BLS certification
- Minimum of one (1) year comparable work experience providing care for patients with mental health conditions preferred
- Associate's Degree or College Diploma preferred
- Workplace Violence and CPI training preferred
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Basic computer knowledge preferred
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditiosn of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later