Nursing Supervisor - Emergency Department, Full-time 6AM-6PMApply Now
Make a difference every single day!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of compassion, teamwork, integrity and dedication pulses through Cedars Sinai Marina Del Rey Hospital. Working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals you'll have everything you will need to do something incredible-for yourself, and for others. Join us, and support our community with the highest quality healthcare!
The Nursing House Supervisor is responsible for promoting and maintaining quality patient care through effective management of the activities of the total patient care services during his/her assigned shift. In the absence of the Administrator and/or designee, the Nursing House Supervisor has the authority and responsibility for administrative decisions and appropriate notification of the Administrator-on-Call.
- Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Carries out hospital/nursing policies, procedures and standards. Acts as clinical resource to staff.
- Visits all patient care units to ascertain condition of patients, evaluate staffing needs and provide support to caregivers.
- Administers the effective distribution and utilization of personnel employed during the respective shift.
- Utilizes Opt link staffing system appropriately.
- Anticipates and responds effectively and proactively to unforeseen conditions and situations, and acts appropriately for follow-through.
- Coordinates and evaluates services rendered by and to all departments during the respective shift on an ongoing basis.
- Keeps the Nurse Director, his/her representative and/or the Administrator informed regarding circumstances or situations which have or may have serious impact.
- Uses good judgment in ensuring adherence to established hospital procedures and policies.
- Informs personnel on ensuing shift regarding condition of patients, follow-up actions required and any special conditions, as necessary.
- Participates on various committees.
- Participates and assists in the planning and providing of in-service education programs within the hospital
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Evaluates and documents performance of employees, as indicated or needed, and communicates this information to the Nurse Director.
- Assumes the duties as outlined in the Emergency Preparedness Manual.
- Follows Pharmacy protocols for obtaining drugs when the Pharmacist is unavailable.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with physicians, patients, families, visitors, peers and all health care team members.
- Facilitates allocations/utilization of beds in collaboration with physicians, charge nurses and admitting department.
Hours: 6:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and holds current licensure in the state as a registered professional nurse.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or equivalent.
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications through the American Heart Association
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal relationships in a manner which enhances communication, promotes conflict resolution and facilitates staff development.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Skills and knowledge to sustain and evaluate competence in the care of the age and type of patient populations served.
- Demonstrates leadership, managerial ability and the application of good interpersonal relationships and principles of supervision and administration.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditiosn of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later