Registered Nurse - Case Manager - Full-time, 8AM-5:00PMApply Now
Make a difference every single day!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of compassion, teamwork, integrity and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai Marina Del Rey Hospital. Working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals you'll have everything you will need to do something incredible-for yourself, and for others. Join us, and support our community with the highest quality healthcare!
As an RN Case Manager (Emergency or Inpatient), you will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of case management strategies pursuant to the Case Management Plan. You will plan and coordinate the care of the patient from pre-hospitalization through discharge, and work with all members of the health care team to assure a collaborative approach is maintained in care and treatment of the patient.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in a multi-disciplinary care team
- Reviews care and treatment for appropriateness against screening criteria and for infection control, quality services for continued stay and through discharge.
- Responsible for screening new admissions for status/level of care and for assisting with out of network patient transfers.
- Assesses the discharge planning function in conjunction with the social worker for appropriate transition or home care services and needs.
- Participates in education on and implementation of clinical guidelines and protocols to comply with patient care quality and safety measures.
- Provides or arranges patient teaching as appropriate.
- Meets with patients and families to assist with patient care planning.
- Works closely with social workers to integrate psychosocial management of patient/family needs.
- Participates in performance improvement activities, frequently attending and participating in performance improvement team efforts.
- Tuition Reimbursement of $1,500 available for all employees on first day of employment in a full-time or part-time position!
- Clinical Ladder Program
- Advancement and leadership opportunities
- Amazing benefits!
- NEW 9 story Hospital scheduled for 2025 – state of the art and double the size!
- Current State Registered Nurse Licensure (required).
- Certified Case Manager (preferred).
- Three (3) years of case management experience (required).
- Five (5) years of acute hospital, home health, hospice, inpatient mental facility experience (required).
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Current clinical knowledge including utilization review tools ( MCG / Interqual)
- Understanding of healthcare payors including managed care, medicare, medi-cal and commercial.
- Knowledge of financial and/or statistical analysis
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditiosn of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later