Registration Associate, Per Diem, Variable 8 Hour ShiftsApply Now
Make a difference every single day!
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital and its staff aim to exceed the expectations of our patients, their families and the community with a service-oriented attitude. We seek excellence, courtesy, teamwork, respect, communication and enthusiasm in our future colleagues. If you are looking for exciting career opportunities with growth potential, come and join the team at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the efficient and orderly admission of inpatients, emergency services, outpatients, and hospital-based testing.
Ensure that the patient information is appropriately gathered and provides necessary information to patients about all hospital forms and procedures.
Enters all received information required for admission, emergency and/or outpatient services into computer database.
Distributes appropriate information to appropriate departments based on policies and procedures.
Requests out-of-pocket expenses, deductibles, and co-pays are paid at time-of-service from patients.
Ensures patient’s information is protected against HIPAA violations according to policies and procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned or required in order to ensure the best possible situation for the patient, physician, and other employees.
- High School diploma or the equivalent (preferred).
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing (required).
- Additional languages (preferred).
- Excellent customer service skills (required).
- Basic computer knowledge (required)
- At least three (3) years of Hospital Admission and/or ER Registration (preferred).
- Strong collection skills (preferred).
- Medical Terminology (preferred).
- Knowledge of Passport, HDX and other online verification systems (preferred).
Marina Del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.Apply NowApply Later