Registration Associate - Per Diem - Variable ShiftsApply Now
Make a difference every single day!
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital and its staff aim to exceed the expectations of our patients, their families and the community with a service-oriented attitude. We seek excellence, courtesy, teamwork, respect, communication and enthusiasm in our future colleagues. If you are looking for exciting career opportunities with growth potential, come and join the team at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital!
The Registration Associate will be responsible for the efficient and orderly admission of inpatients, emergency and/or outpatient who have hospital-based inpatient and outpatient testing and emergency services.
- Ensure that the patient information is appropriately gathered and provides necessary information to patients about all hospital forms and procedures.
- Enters all received information required for admission, emergency and /or outpatient services into computer database.
- Distributes appropriate information to appropriate departments based on policies and procedures.
- Requests out-of-pocket expenses, deductibles, and co-pays are paid at time-of-service from patients.
- Ensures patient’s information is protected against HIPAA violations according to Marina’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required in order to ensure the best possible situation for the patient, physician and/or other employees.
Shift: Variable Shifts
- High School diploma or the equivalent (preferred).
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing (required).
- Additional languages (preferred).
- Excellent customer service skills (required).
- Basic computer knowledge (required)
- At least three (3) years of Hospital Admission and/or ER Registration (preferred).
- Strong collection skills (preferred).
- Medical Terminology (preferred).
- Knowledge of Passport, HDX and other online verification systems (preferred).
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditiosn of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later