Speech Therapist - Per DiemApply Now
Make a difference every single day!
Cedars Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital and its staff aim to exceed the expectations of our patients, their families and the community with a service-oriented attitude. We seek excellence, courtesy, teamwork, respect, communication and enthusiasm in our future colleagues. If you are looking for exciting career opportunities with growth potential, come and join the team at Cedars Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital!
What will you be doing in this role?
The Speech Therapist is responsible for providing diagnostic and therapeutic services for those individuals demonstrating communication, cognition, swallowing, and voice disorders.
- They are responsible for working with adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations.
- The Speech Therapist assumes responsibility for administering patient care through examination, evaluation, treatment planning, intervention, including recommendations for follow-up; aftercare, equipment, patient/family/caregiver training by referral from a physician.
- The therapist administers patient care according to the guidelines provided by the Speech-Language Pathology Practice Act, Rehabilitation Services Department policies and procedures, Speech-Language Pathology policies and procedures and scope of care.
- The goal is to restore function and prevent disability following disease or injury and assist patients to obtain maximum performance and function in society while learning to live a routine “normal” life within the constraints of their disability.
- Current California State Speech Pathology License (required).
- Current BCLS certification (required).
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing (required).
- Additional languages (preferred).
- Basic computer knowledge (required)
- One (1) or more years of previous experience in acute care Speech Therapy hospital setting, including experience performing bedside swallow evaluation/treatment (required).
- Ability to perform video fluoroscopic procedures (preferred).
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditiosn of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later