Supervisor, Sterile ProcessingApply Now
Make a difference every single day!
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital and its staff aim to exceed the expectations of our patients, their families and the community with a service-oriented attitude. We seek excellence, courtesy, teamwork, respect, communication and enthusiasm in our future colleagues. If you are looking for exciting career opportunities with growth potential, come and join the team at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Supervisor, Sterile Processing assumes the responsibility and accountability for the application of clinical practice to the instrumentation and equipment utilized by clinicians in the care of hospitalized patient. As the Supervisor, Sterile Processing you will demonstrate independent thinking and performance ability in directing the processing, maintenance and dispensing of materials and equipment required by medical and nursing personnel for the care, diagnosis or treatment of patient. You will be responsible for providing in-service education, maintaining accurate record of the effectiveness of the various processes, and maintaining quality control parameters. You will maintain a consistent high standard of supplies equipment and surgical trays and assures that the department will meet or exceed the JCAHO requirements and be maintained in a cost effective manner. You will also have excellent communication skills in order to articulate the goals and mission of the department while solicitng suggestion and comments from our customers for improvement of services and performance.
- Supervises the day-to-day work of employees, ensures tasks are completed and deadlines are met.
- Supervises the work of others, assigning or allocating work to team, and ensuring tasks are completed according to deadlines and quality standards.
- Assures that the standards of operation of the department are in compliance with the standards set by regulatory agencies, such as the state Department of Health, Joint Commission, OSHA and others.
- Maintains records to comply with regulatory agencies.
- Provides comprehensive department orientation to all new personnel, assess learning needs of staff and develops training and in-services on an on-going basis.
- Initiates’ performance improvement programs and assures staff participation.
- Establishes internal inventory levels and par level stock and monitors them for proper utilization.
- Maintains all equipment in Sterile Processing and ensures preventative maintenance is conducted according to manufacturers instructions for use.
- Provides instructions and in-service on new products and equipment and documents staff training programs.
- Provides oversight of staff in decontamination and sterilization.
- Maintains knowledge of reprocessing standards, techniques, instrumentation and equipment through participation in professional organizations and attendance at relevant continuing education programs and conferences
- Responsible for the Human Resource functions including: hiring, firing, promotion and discipline of employees. Supervises, trains, schedules and evaluates employees.
- Promotes and supports professional certification for all staff Completes detailed performance appraisals in a timely manner. Completes competency assessments, annually. Prepares staffing schedules to provide coverage for assigned shifts Conducts daily huddles and weekly staff meetings ensuring pertinent information is communicated.
- Interacts closely with the Director of Perioperative Services, Infection Control, Risk Management and Safety departments to identify and mitigate potential patient safety issues
- Responsible for implementing and reinforcing the Mission, Vision and Values of CSMDRH. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Develops professional and ethical relationships with staff, customers and vendors through communication and collaboration.
- Cultivates and maintains strong customer relationships and rapport with stakeholders and/or client groups.
- Identifies and responds appropriately to both internal and external customer needs utilizing available resources.
- Performs related duties as required.
High School Diploma/GED, required
Assoc. Degree/College Degree, preferred
Valid Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST), required
Five (5) years of Sterile Processing supervisory experience and expertise in the maintenance, ordering and upkeep of sophisticated, and delicate equipment and instrumentation, requried
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditiosn of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later