Transporter - Per Diem (Variable Shifts)Apply Now
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital!
Every second matters and every detail counts, when the work you do every day has a crucial impact on the lives of others! This shared culture of compassion, excellence, teamwork and quality patient care pulses through Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital.
In this role you’ll be doing:
Under the direction of the Director of Radiology, the Transporter will transport patients to and from the Diagnostic Imaging Department, and within the hospital. The Transporter performs all job duties with sensitivity and attention to the age and developmental issues of the population(s) served: neonatal, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. They will maintain competency skills, including the ability to deliver safe transportation to patients with diverse cultural backgrounds, identify and express safety concerns, and institute safety measures.
- Effectively communicates with patients regarding destination and scheduled exam, and makes needed adjustments for transporting patients according to age and medical condition.
- Will use of all relevant telecommunications equipment including desk phones, cellular phones and pagers.
- Consistently apply customer service excellence and communication interaction techniques.
- Transporter will adhere to MDRH compliance plan, code of conduct, and hospital policies.
- Must be able to assist and at times, lift patient onto gurney or into wheelchair.
- Current BCLS certification (required).
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing (required).
- Windows based PC experience (preferred).
- Experience in health care environment (preferred).
- Appropriate interpersonal skills for interacting with peers, patients, physicians and other customers of the hospital (required).
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditiosn of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later