Ultrasound Technologist - Per Diem (3:00PM - 11:30PM)Apply Now
Make a difference every single day!
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital and its staff aim to exceed the expectations of our patients, their families and the community with a service-oriented attitude. We seek excellence, courtesy, teamwork, respect, communication and enthusiasm in our future colleagues. If you are looking for exciting career opportunities with growth potential, come and join the team at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital!
The Ultrasound Technologist II performs ultrasonic recording of internal organs for the diagnosis of disease and study of the malfunction of organs. Participates in CQI activities.
What you’ll do doing in this role:
- Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic sonography examinations
- Performs invasive ultrasound procedures, doppler vascular examinations, deep abdominal studies, and color-flow ultrasound as required.
- Selects appropriate equipment for the use of ultrasound setup, following exam specifications.
- Explains the test to the patient. Instructs and assists the patient in assuming the physical position for examination.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure; makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Selects a transducer and adjusts the equipment controls according to the organ to be examined, the depth of field and the other specifications of test.
- Enters test data and patient information into computer of ultrasound equipment to maintain record of test results.
- Moves transducer, by hand, over specified area of the body and observes sound wave display screen to monitor quality of ultrasonic pattern produced.
- Produces images of internal organs and records diagnostic data on magnetic tape, computer disk, strip printout film.
- Obtains permanent record of internal examination by photographing images of organs shown on the display module or removing the strip printout.
- Evaluates technical quality of films to obtain representative images of pathogenic conditions; processes film in accordance with standard procedures or techniques.
- Must be eligible by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) (required).
- ARRT and/or CRT certifications (preferred).
- Certification in area of specialty (required).
- Current BCLS certification (required).
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing (required).
- One (1) year of radiologic/imaging experience (required).
- Basic computer knowledge (preferred).
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditiosn of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later